Registration is mandatory to attend the event, please visit this page to register to the conference.
The event will also take place during the 17th of May, find out more about the programme of the following day here.
Location: Representation of the State of Baden-Württemberg to the European Union, 60 rue Belliard, 1040 Brussels
13:30 – 14:00 : Welcome coffee
14:00 – 14:45 : Opening speeches
- Welcoming speech by Bodo Lehmann, Head of the Representation of the State of Baden-Württemberg to the European Union
- François Sénémaud, French Ambassador to the Kingdom of Belgium
- Pierre Mutzenhardt, Vice-President of Grand Est-Europe, President of Université de Lorraine
- Tinne Van der Straeten, Belgian Federal Minister of Energy
14:45 – 15:45: The role of regions in the European hydrogen R&I strategy
- Hélène Chraye, Head of the « Clean Energy Transition », Deputy Director of « Clean Planet », European Commission
- Laurent Antoni, Chairman of Hydrogen Europe Research, CEA
- Michel De Paepe, President of BeHyfe (Belgian Hydrogen Fundamental Expertise), University of Ghent
- Fabrice Lemoine, professor at the Université de Lorraine, researcher at LEMTA, Coordinator of the Social Challenge LUE Energies of the Future
→ Moderator: Pierre Mutzenhardt, Vice-President of Grand Est-Europe, President of Université de Lorraine
15:45 – 16:00: Coffee break
16:00 – 17:15: Strengthening scientific cooperation at the European level
Four simultaneous workshops, held by the designated chairmen and rapporteurs. They are members of the scientific community and will represent Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands. The main issues will be as follows: What are the emblematic undergoing actions in your regions? What are the major current scientific challenges in this research field, and what kind of action or support could prove to be useful? Conclusions of these workshops will be discussed in the political session.
Scientific challenges of clean hydrogen production
- Chairman: Bianca Rita Pistillo, researcher of LIST, laureate of the Scientist Medal 2017
- Rapporteur: Aravind Purushothaman Vellayani, Professor and Chair of Energy Conversion, University of Groningen
Supplying and logistics of H2
- Chairman: Michel De Paepe, President of BeHyfe (Belgian Hydrogen Fundamental Expertise), University of Ghent
- Rapporteur: Evrim Ursavas, Associate Professor of Energy and Logistics, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Hydrogen in daily lives: what purposes?
- Chairman: Nicolas Quéromès, Representative of the DINAMHySE cluster in Grand Est, University of Lorraine
- Rapporteur: Patrick Hendrick, professor at Ecole Polytechnique de Bruxelles and Chairman of the hydrogen thematic within BERA (Belgian Energy Research Alliance)
Hydrogen and society: Challenges and opportunities
- Chairman: Thomas Jordan, KIT, Coordinator of the Strategic group of the European Hydrogen Safety Panel of Clean Hydrogen JU and German representative within the Hydrogen Safety Taskforce at the International Energy Agency IEA
- Rapporteur: Laurent Antoni, Chairman of Hydrogen Europe Research, CEA
17:15 – 18:30: Networking cocktail